Town Clerk's Office
Town Clerk: Natalie Cordes
Assistants: Beth Heon, Joy Bissonnette
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday - 9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Friday - 9:00 am - 1:30 pm
(860) 546-9377 / Fax: (860) 546-9295
Mailing Address: PO Box 27, Canterbury, CT 06331
NOTICE: To obtain a sticker for access to the transfer station, you MUST present your CURRENT MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION in the Town Clerk's Office.
DOG LICENSES: Licenses are renewed in June of each year. If your dog's rabies certificate has expired, please bring the new certificate with you in order to obtain a license. If your dog is spayed/neutered, we must see verification from the vet. Puppies require a license at 6 mos. of age.
The Town Clerk's office is responsible for the recording and safe-keeping of all land records pertaining to real estate transactions in the Town. We also maintain the permanent records of Town meetings, elections and Boards and Commission meetings.
We issue all Sportsman licenses, dog licenses and marriage licenses. We are involved in all Town elections and referenda and issue absentee ballots. We maintain all birth, death and marriage certificates filed in the Town.
SPORTSMEN LICENSES AND FEES: As of 04/16/2010, the licenses and fees were changed for fishing, hunting, etc. A landowners form must still be sent to the DEP.
VITAL RECORDS: The cost to obtain a certified copy of a birth, death, or marriage certificate is currently $20.00 for each record.
- 2012 Meeting Schedule for Boards and Commissions
- 2013 Annual Town Meeting Agenda
- Absentee Ballot Application
- Annual Report 2011-2012 (part one)
- Annual Report 2011-2012 (part two)
- Annual Report 2012-2013 (part I)
- Annual Report 2012-2013 (part II)
- Birth Certificate Request
- Boards and Commissions Roster - January 2014
- CIP 2013-14 Budget 3rd Round
- Death Certificate Request
- Education 2013-14 Budget
- Elected and Appointed Officials
- General Government 2013-14 Budget 3rd Round
- Hoopers Lane Maintenance Bond
- ICE Bucket Truck Application Documents
- July 25, 2013 Town Meeting Audio
- Justices of the Peace
- Legal Notice 2011 Grand List Taxes
- Marriage Certificate Request
- Marriage License Application Worksheet
- Revenue 2013-14 Budget 3rd Round
- Same Sex Marriage Application Worksheet
- September 27, 2012 Town Meeting Notice
- Special Town Meeting 2014-02-19
- Special Town Meeting 6-17-13
- Summary 2013-14 Budget 3rd Round
- Town Meeting 1.17.13 audio
- Town Meeting June 17, 2013 Audio
- Town Meeting Minutes 2-19-14
- Town Meeting Minutes 5-16-14
- Town Meeting Minutes 5-18-12
- Town Meeting Minutes 9-19-13
- Town Ordinances
- Trade Name Certificate form