Assessor: Lynn M. Byberg. CCMAII
1 Municipal Drive
Canterbury, CT 06331
Office Hours: The Assessor is in the office on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday during regular Town Hall office hours. On Wednesday, the counter computer, maps, and sales books are available for the public but there is no staff available for assistance.
The Assessor's office is primarily responsible for preparing the Town's Grand List. The Grand List is generated each year as of October 1 and is a record of all taxable and tax exempt property. Taxable property includes real estate and personal property, including motor vehicles. The office is also responsible for maintaining the Town's data maps and data about all properties, and for applying tax exemptions or abatements such as the veterans, disabled, elderly, blind and PA 490 programs.
Please call the Assessor's Office to find out more information about these programs or to set up an appointment.
The 2015 Revaluation notices were mailed on November 9, 2015. Anyone with questions or concerns should stop in or call the Assessor's Office.
Field card data is available at: http://gis.vgsi.com/canterburyct/
Mapping data is available at: http://gis.neccog.org/NECCOG/rc/
If you wish to appeal your assessment at the regular meeting of the Board of Assessment Appeals in March 2016, petitions to the Board of Assessment Appeals must made by February 19, 2016. Forms are available below.
Please check the list of available forms below.
- December Office Hours
- 2015 Farm Machinery Exemption Form
- 2015 Long Form Personal Property Declaration
- 2015 Personal Property MV Form
- 2015 Revaluation Information
- 2015 Short Form Personal Property Declaration
- Active Duty Service Members Motor Vehicle Exemption
- Canterbury Sales 10/1/2014-7/31/2015
- Motor Vehicle Affadavit
- PA490 Farm Application
- PA490 Forest Application
- PA490 Open Space Application
- Petition Form to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Tax Exemption for Motor Vehicles Modified for Physically Disabled
- Totally Disabled Application