Assessor: Jennifer Sullivan
1 Municipal Drive
Canterbury, CT 06331
NOTE: The Assessor's Office has staff available on Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. The remaining days of the week the counter computer, maps, and sales books are available for the public but there is no staff available for assistance. Please see below for the office hours for the month of November.
The Assessor's office is primarily responsible for preparing the Town's Grand List. The Grand List is generated each year as of October 1 and is a record of all taxable and tax exempt property. Taxable property includes real estate and personal property, including motor vehicles. The office is also responsible for maintaining the Town's data maps and data about all properties, and for applying tax exemptions or abatements such as the veterans, disabled, elderly, blind and PA 490 programs.
Field card data is available at: www.vgsi.com
Map data is available at: http://gis.neccog.org/neccog/#
If you wish to appeal your assessment at the regular meeting of the Board of Assessment Appeals in March 2014, petitions to the Board of Assessment Appeals must made by February 20, 2014. Forms are available below.
Please check the list of available forms below!
- 2013 Farm Machinery Exemption Form
- 2013 Full Personal Property Declaration
- 2013 Motor Vehicle Form
- 2013 Short Personal Property Declaration
- Active Duty Service Members Motor Vehicle Exemption
- Canterbury Sales 10/1/2013-11/30/2013
- December Office Hours
- Farm PA490 Application
- Forest PA490 Application
- Motor Vehicle Affadavit
- Open Space PA490 Application
- Petition to the Board of Assessment Appeals
- Tax Exemption for Motor Vehicles Modified for Physically Disabled
- Totally Disabled Application